Dear Ram
Dear Ram,
I just saw you for one last time, when I left, I think a part of me left myself and stayed with you. Sitting here, putting up a smile, half genuine - I got to see you, half fake - I got to see you for one last time, I just zone out at our story. you were, and always will be, the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me—the most precious part of my life.
I carry so much regret for being so oblivious back then, when you loved me first through thick and thin. If I can't be your Sita, please know that I am completely at peace being your Ahalya, anchored entirely by the grace of your memory. Like Shiva holding onto the essence of Sati across lifetimes, I have realized that not everyone is destined to end up together in the physical world, but that doesn't change the fact that we can love each other forever.
The moments we shared give me more comfort and strength than anything else in my world, and I cherish every single second of them. I don't want to disrupt your world or disturb your peace, which is why I am choosing to write this quietly, with absolutely no expectations in return. The simple truth is that you are still my anchor. Every single breath I take looks for you, prays for you, longs for you, and searches for your presence infinite times a day.
My train is here, I got to go, I've promised everyone that I'll leave everything here. So for one last time, my world, thank you.
I already lived the absolute best part of my life when I was with you, and I am fulfilled to live the rest of my days just holding onto these beautiful memories. I pray for your safety on duty, your peace, and your boundless happiness every single day.
Until next time.
From,
Sita
Comments
Post a Comment